What is Housing First?
'Housing First' is a recovery-oriented approach to ending homelessness that centres on quickly moving people experiencing homelessness into independent and permanent housing and then providing additional support and services as needed.
The Housing First principles are:
- Housing is a human right
- Service users should have choice and control
- Housing not conditional on support or treatment
- The approach is recovery oriented
- The approach is one of harm reduction
- There is active engagement without coercion
- Planning is person-centred
- Flexible support is available as long as required
Meet our new Housing First team