Free parking after 3pm
The Council’s festive free parking scheme is running until 31 December.
To encourage more people to use their local high street for shopping in the run up to Christmas and New Year, free parking will be available in Council-run town centre car parks from 3pm every day.
The 'Free After Three' initiative will be available in the following car parks:
- Corwen: Green Lane
- Denbigh: Multi-Storey; Crown Lane; Factory Ward; Post Office Lane, Vale Street
- Llangollen: East Street; Hall Street; Market Street; Mill Street
- Prestatyn: Lower High Street; Kings Avenue; Railway station
- Rhuddlan: Parliament Street
- Rhyl: Central; Morley Road; Queen Street; Sky Tower; West Kinmel Street, Rhyl Railway; Rhyl Library (disabled bays only)
- Ruthin: Crispin Yard; Dog Lane; Market Street; Park Road; Rhos Street; St Peter's Square; Troed y Rhiw
- St Asaph: Bowling Green
- Morfa Hall private car park, Rhyl, is not included in the initiative.
Emlyn Jones, the Council’s Head of Planning and Public Protection Services, said: “The Free After Three parking initiative has been established now for a number of years and complements the on-going #LoveLiveLocal campaign to encourage more people to use our high streets for their festive shopping.
“We are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity as a Council again this year and hope that people will see the benefits of using our town centre car parks and will be return visitors.
“There are a wealth of independent shops and businesses county-wide that offer a wide range of goods and services. With our free parking initiative after 3pm, we hope more people will come into our main towns to see what they have to offer. I’m sure they won’t be disappointed.”
A list of car parks and their locations, can be found on our website.