Announcing this year’s Denbighshire Housing Tenant Award Winners!
Our second Denbighshire Housing Tenant awards have been held and celebrated the achievements and participation of our tenants, the work within communities and showcasing projects that are happening across Denbighshire.
Over 95 guests attended this prestigious event at the 1891 Restaurant, Rhyl, including tenants, local business sponsors and key housing and council professionals. We’d like to thank our main sponsor, Brenig Construction and TPAS Cymru for compering the awards, making everyone feel at ease and enjoy the evening.
We are so proud to announce our second Denbighshire Housing Tenant Award winners!! Huge congratulations to:
- Tenant of the Year: Gwenda Williams
- Young Tenant of the Year (under 25): Makayla Flynn
- Good Neighbour of the Year: Gwyndaf ‘Jock’ Davies
- Housing Resident / Community Group of the Year: Trem y Foel Community Centre, Ruthin
- Customer Services Award for Denbighshire Housing: Owen Evans
- Community Project of the Year: Community Hwb Cymunedol Pengwern, Llangollen
- Community Hero: Jonathan Lawton
- Garden of the Year – Community area: Gellifor and Llangynhafal
- Garden of the Year – Tenant/individual: Carolyn Philips and Alun Scourfield
- Garden of the Year – Communal area: Llys Offa
- Lockdown Hero: Debbie Holmes
- Denbighshire Housing Award: Adam Garvey and Richard Jones from GCS Heating Services
Councillor Rhys Thomas, Cabinet Lead Member for Housing and Communities, said: “The Denbighshire Housing Awards continue to go from strength to strength. It’s great to bring communities and individuals together to celebrate what they have all achieved through hard work, determination and simply being great tenants.
“Day in day out we see a huge amount of positive work going on throughout our communities led by our tenants to help support and improve the quality of life for all.
“Being shortlisted for an award is an honour for those groups and individuals and our thanks go to them for their efforts in their local communities”.