New Cabinet announced for Denbighshire
The Council has announced a new Cabinet for the authority.
The new Cabinet is as follows:
- Councillor Jason McLellan, Leader and Lead Member for Economic Growth and Tackling Deprivation
- Councillor Gill German, Deputy Leader and Lead Member for Education, Children and Families
- Councillor Gwyneth Ellis, Lead Member for Finance, Performance and Strategic Assets
- Councillor Elen Heaton, Lead Member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Julie Matthews, Lead Member for Corporate Strategy, Policy and Equalities
- Councillor Barry Mellor, Lead Member for Environment and Transport
- Councillor Win-Mullen James, Lead Member for Local Development and Planning
- Councillor Rhys Thomas, Lead Member for Housing and Communities
- Councillor Emrys Wynne, Lead Member for Welsh Language, Culture and Heritage
Councillor Jason McLellan, Leader and Lead Member for Economic Growth and Tackling Deprivation, said: “Following my election as leader I am pleased to announce my Cabinet. The authority faces a number of challenges ahead. My priorities are reflected in the strong team I have selected from both the Labour group and in working with Plaid Cymru.”
Councillor Rhys Thomas, Plaid Cymru group leader and Lead Member for Housing and Communities, said: “This will be a way of implementing Plaid Cymru policies on matters of vital importance to the residents of Denbighshire.
"Such is the common ground between our two groups that we can now drive forward the policies that will deliver on matters like financial priorities, housing and supporting all our Welsh communities whether rural or urban.”
A link to the list of meeting dates plus lot of other information can be found on our website.